Queen’s Farmers’ Market
The Farmers’ Market at Queen’s University brings local, high quality food to the Queen’s community every Wednesday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (only during the academic year). During warmer weather the Market will be set up outside the JDUC, and during cold weather the Market will be set up inside Mackintosh-Corry Hall. The market, now it its 6th year of operation, provides students with easy access to local vendors and locally produced food. Queen’s Hospitality Services is a proud founding member of this campus community program.
PARKING AND LOCATION
Vendor and patron parking is available in the underground parking garage at the corner of University Ave. and Stuart St. (directly across from Kingston General Hospital). The rates for parking are posted as you enter the garage.
- Upon the Earth: Natural and organic granola, granola bars, hemp hearts, baked samosas, vegetarian and vegan burgers, and MORE!
- Wolfe Island Bakery: Breads, muffins, cinnamon buns, and MORE!
- Scottie Street Eats: A student-owned operation that carries cheese stuffed sausages, tofu, gluten free, spicy, amazing hot dogs & more – all served on a freshly baked, locally made bun.
- Baycrest Farms: Granola products
- Pan Gong Gong: Taiwanese Cuisine and Bakery
DO YOU WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
- Whether you are interested in the logistics aspect of the market, the educational, or you want to help to promote the event, we would love your help! The Farmer’s Market Committee is a consensus-based, non-hierarchical group dedicated to bringing local and sustainable food to the Queen’s University campus. Please email Angela.Francis@sodexo.com to become involved with organizing and running the market.
- Are you interested in becoming a vendor at the Queen’s Farmer’s Market? Please fill out a Registration Form and email it to Angela Francis at Angela.Francis@sodexo.com.
- Are you a member of the media and would like to interview a vendor or shoot footage of the market? Please email Hospitality Services’ Marketing & Communications Manager, Heather Grosney, at Heather.Grosney@sodexo.com.
- If you prefer to speak to someone on the phone, please call: 613-533-6000 ext: 78459