Queen’s Farmers’ Market
The Farmers’ Market at Queen’s University brings local, high quality food to the Queen’s community every Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. outside the JDUC (only during the academic year). The market, now it its 5th year of operation, provides students with easy access to local vendors and locally produced food. Queen’s Hospitality Services is a proud founding member of this campus community program.
PARKING AND LOCATION
Vendor and patron parking is available in the underground parking garage at the corner of University Ave. and Stuart St. (directly across from Kingston General Hospital). The rates for parking are posted as you enter the garage.
- Upon the Earth: Natural and organic granola, granola bars, hemp hearts, baked samosas, vegetarian and vegan burgers, and MORE!
- Wolfe Island Bakery: Breads, muffins, cinnamon buns, and MORE!
- Scottie Street Eats: A student-owned operation that carries cheese stuffed sausages, tofu, gluten free, spicy, amazing hot dogs & more – all served on a freshly baked, locally made bun.
- Baycrest: Granola products
- Long Road Eco Farm: Long Road Ecological Farm is located in Murvale, Ontario. Long Road’s market garden grows Chinese and salad greens, root vegetables, tomatoes, herbs and an assortment of other seasonal produce. Also on offer are quality smoked pork, homemade granola and baked goods, and Chinese fermented vegetables.
- Winding Path Organic Farms: Winding Path grows non treated, non GMO/organic seeded, heritage foods. Much of their food is grown by second and third generation saved seeds. All potato seeds are certified organic, all produce has been grown with organic methods on their farm in Madoc Township. All of their baked goods, pickles and yogurts are produced in their own kitchen.
DO YOU WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
- Whether you are interested in the logistics aspect of the market, the educational, or you want to help to promote the event, we would love your help! The Farmer’s Market Committee is a consensus-based, non-hierarchical group dedicated to bringing local and sustainable food to the Queen’s University campus. Please email Alicia.Pemberton@sodexo.com to become involved with organizing and running the market.
- Are you interested in becoming a vendor at the Queen’s Farmer’s Market? Please fill out a Registration Form and email it to Alica Pemberton at Alicia.Pemberton@sodexo.com.
- Are you a member of the media and would like to interview a vendor or shoot footage of the market? Please email Hospitality Services’ Marketing & Communications Manager, Heather Grosney, at Heather.Grosney@sodexo.com.
- If you prefer to speak to someone on the phone, please call: (613) 533-6000 ext: 78459