Queen’s Farmers’ Market
The Farmers’ Market at Queen’s University brings local, high quality food to the Queen’s community every Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. outside the JDUC. The market, now it its 4th year of operation, provides students with easy access to local vendors and locally produced food. Queen’s Hospitality Services is a proud founding member of this campus community program.
PARKING AND LOCATION
Vendor and patron parking is available in the underground parking garage at the corner of University Ave. and Stuart St. (directly across from Kingston General Hospital). The rates for parking are posted as you enter the garage.
- Betty’s Byre: lovely fresh cut flowers, homemade preserves.
- Wolfe Island Bakery: a wide variety of baked goods.
- A Taste of Russia: authentic, home-cooked Russian cuisine.
- Scotties Street Eats: a student-owned operation that carries cheese stuffed sausages, tofu, gluten free, spicy, amazing hot dogs & more – all served on a freshly baked, locally made bun.
- 1000 Islands Chocolate Company: chocolate products from the 1000 Islands.
- Blossoms: homemade jams & sauces, cakes, pies & many other baked items.
- Upon the Earth: wheat free products, granola, hummus dips, vegetables, with health conscious ingredients.
DO YOU WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
- Whether you are interested in the logistics aspect of the market, the educational, or you want to help to promote the event, we would love your help! The Farmer’s Market Committee is a consensus-based, non-hierarchical group dedicated to bringing local and sustainable food to the Queen’s University campus. Please email email@example.com to become involved with organizing and running the market.
- Are you interested in becoming a vendor at the Queen’s Farmer’s Market? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you a member of the media and would like to interview a vendor or shoot footage of the market? Please email email@example.com.
- If you prefer to speak to someone on the phone, please call: (613) 533-6000 ext: 75577