A BeaverTails truck is made available to student groups as a fundraising opportunity. Each group will receive a percentage of sales generated from the Beavertails truck on campus on the date of their booked fundraising event.
Look for the Beavertails truck on University Ave. between Douglas Library and Ontario Hall on the following dates!
Beavertails fundraising events in 2012/13
- September 20th – Friends of MSF: Queen’s Chapter – promotes Doctors Without Borders, a group that provides rapid emergency medical relief in times of crisis in areas with little or no infrastructure. The Club raises funds to assist with their medical missions.
- October 11th – Queen’s TV – is a weekly student television program that airs on TVCogeco in Kingston. Additionally, QTV produces 5 segments as well as breaking news videos, released daily on their website.
- November 9th - ThankQ
- December 6th - World Without Worms – works to raise awareness and funds for school-based deworming programs in developing countries around the globe. Money raised is directed towards coordinating the delivery of medication, training, and follow-up to determine sustainability and efficacy of the program.
- January 10th – Inquire Publication - is an inter-university student led, periodical, social activism magazine publication, aimed to motivate students to speak out and have their opinions heard within their communities. Funds raised with help produce and circulate the publications, as well as assist with special events.
- January 29th - VIDA, Queen’s Chapter –
- March 14th - Nerve Magazine – Nerve is a new student-run science, technology, and engineering magazine intended to inspire and inform readers of the ever-changing world of science. Monthly issues are released on-line and fundraising will assist with the issue of hardcopies.http://issuu.com/NerveMag
- April 4th – Queen’s Indian Student Assoc. Dance Team – a competitive team that showcases a various forms of dance including Bollywood, Bhangra, Classical Indian, Hip Hop, and Gaana. Funds will go towards the groups annual participation in the North American Culture Show dance competition.
BeavertailsFundraising Events in 2011/12
- September 15th - Muse Magazine – connecting students to fashion, arts, lifestyle and entertainment.
- October 14th - Salt for Survival - aids children with iodine deficiency in developing countries.
- November 10th - Queen’s Health Outreach - proceeds towards a pilot project in Kenya this summer teaching about AIDS/HIV and responsible sexuality to high school students.
- December 1st - Queen’s Canadian Leadership Conference – a dynamic annual conference held to bring together bright young leaders of tomorrow.
- February 7th - Nursing Science Society 2014 Graduation
- March 1st- International Affairs Association
- April 5th - Soul Food
Please note that due to the popularity of the program, all Beavertails fundraising dates are booked through the end of April 2013.
Please direct enquiries and booking requests to email@example.com.
Applications for the 2013/14 academic year will be accepted from August 19th – September 6th, 2013.